DEFS 6th Edition Textbook
The DEFS 6th edition textbook presents 24 chapters of the latest in diesel engine technology relating to ADR80/03, EU 6 and U.S. EPA TIER 4 Final emission standards.
Clear, easy to read, colour diagrams and explanations of diesel engine technology and best practice compiled with over 4 decades of trusted knowledge.
Fully tailored to Australian apprentices and technicians with all the latest engine technology applicable to the Australian diesel engine industry.
The 6th edition textbook supports AUR 16 qualifications relating to heavy commercial vehicles, mobile plant, diesel engine repair and diesel fuel injection repair.
The textbook also supports diesel engine related competencies under the MEM Training Package MEM 31418 Certificate 3 in Engineering - Fixed and Mobile Plant Mechanics.
- Workplace health and safety and environmental considerations
- Diesel engine basics
- Diesel engine combustion
- Diesel engine fuels
- Bearings | seals | gaskets
- Lubrication systems
- Cooling systems
- Air intake | turbocharger systems
- Cylinder head | valves
- Cylinder block
- Crankshaft assembly
- Pistons | rings | connecting rods
- Timing gears | camshaft | rocker gear
- Fuel supply systems
- Flange and in-line injection pumps
- Distributor type injection pump
- Electronic controlled fuel injection systems
- Engine & vehicle electronic control
- Engine brakes
- Engine testing
- Emission controls
- Engine diagnosis | valve and injector adjustments
Purchase DEFS Textbook
Hardcopy Textbook 6th Edition
- Latest EU 6 and U.S. EPA tier 4 final emission standards
- Current engine technology specifically tailored to the Australian market
- Clear, concise colour diagrams and explanations support student training
- Four decades of trusted education and training